The prompt that I used for the Index Card A Day challenge (day 30) was “Mondrian Artwork”. I used a ruler and a fine point black Sharpie to create the lines. Then I filled in a few of the blocks with primary colored permanent markers to imitate Mondrian’s artwork.
The prompt that I used for the Index Card A Day challenge (day 31) was “Zebra Inspired”. I first lightly sketched the zebra pattern onto the index card; then I used a different colored permanent markers to fill in the zebra stripes (yellow, purple, blue, orange, hot pink and mint green). The colors didn’t scan correctly…the blue and orange look purple and red. I wonder if it has to do with the opacity/transparency of the medium that contributed to this phenomenon. I outlined each of the stripes with an extra fine point Sharpie marker. I am a few days behind in the index card challenge; but, I plan to be caught up by the weekend. 🙂
- Icad #29 (blissfulart.wordpress.com)