I started sketching face 24 with a mechanical pencil, then I used a Crayola Oil Pastel (Peach) to outline the darker parts of her face (the sides and hairline of her face, under her chin, left side of her neck). I pressed down harder on the oil pastel at this stage, then I gently manipulated the oil pastel around the entire face except in her hair and in her eyes. I used Prismacolor Color Pencils to do her details (eyes, hair, subtle shading, etc). I used the following colors: light peach, henna, pink, burnt ochre, sepia, and tuscan red. I used a pencil eraser when necessary. I am delighted with the results as I was not sure how the oil pastel underneath the color pencil would work out.
- Face 19: 29Faces in May (blissfulart.wordpress.com)
- 29 Faces-Day 24 and some others… (lisa-richards.blogspot.com)
- 29 Faces in May; Face 7 (blissfulart.wordpress.com)
- 29 Faces in May; Face 16 (blissfulart.wordpress.com)
- Face 18 for 29 Faces in May Challenge (blissfulart.wordpress.com)