Above is an art work in progress. I am creating an acrylic painting with my husband. We started with a blank 30 inch by 40 inch white primed canvas that is .75 inch deep. We then applied a heavy bodied purple acrylic (DaVinci brand) with plastic cards to the edges of the canvas and we worked in toward the center. From there we simply allowed it to evolve by adding white, then a lime green, yellow, blue, red and orange (all heavy body acrylic paint, Liquitex brand).
As we added color, images became apparent. We saw a couple of faces, an angelfish, plants, flowers, nest of eggs, and a cat. Sometime in the next few days this painting will be completed and I will post a picture of our final product. I think the most amazing thing about this whole experience is the quality time I got to spend with my husband.
- Drawing on Painted Surfaces (mariekazalia.com)
- 8 Tips for Using Acrylic Craft Paint (craftzine.com)
- You Make Me Feel Like Spring Has Sprung! (theadventuresofeverygirl.wordpress.com)
- Personalized Canvas (samegarden4differentflowers.wordpress.com)
- Take the Second Floor Challenge – Golden Acrylic Paint (nathaliesstudio.com)
- 27. Freehand Painted Shirts using Acrylic Paints (How-to) (heycatlady.wordpress.com)
- Acrylic painting FINISHED… (emilyanthony.blogspot.com)
- Acrylic Paintings by Nancy D. Eckels (ivanaalrousan.wordpress.com)
- Make an Aboriginal Dream Painting! (education.com)
- Play With Fire – Acrylic Painting on Stretched Canvas – Modern Abstract Art (dosiamckay.wordpress.com)
- DIY: Eggshell Crafting Idea for Easter. (thesavingsmomma.com)
- journal challenge day 148 (agirlandherbrush.wordpress.com)
- David Cooley (thehiddenpeople.com)